4. Certain items including but not limited to body prostheses, dentures, dental bridgework, dental filings, jewelry, and other personal articles accompanying the remains of the Deceased, may be destroyed during the cremation process. I/We further authorize that if any items, other than the cremated remains of the deceased, are recovered from the cremation chamber, they may be separated from the cremated remains of the Deceased and disposed of by the Crematory.
5. I/We hereby authorize the Crematory to separate and remove from the cremation chamber all non combustible materials, including but not limited to hinges, latches, nails, jewelry and precious metals, and to dispose of such materials.
6. Following cremation, the cremated remains of the Deceased, consisting primarily of bone fragments, will be mechanically pulverized to an unidentifiable consistency prior to placement in an urn or other container.
7. Unless an urn or container suitable for shipment is purchased, the Crematory will place the cremated remains of the Deceased in a container that is not suitable for any type of shipment.
8. In the event the urn or container is insufficient to accommodate all of the cremated remains of the Deceased, any excess cremated remains will be placed in a secondary container and returned to the Funeral Home, together with the primary urn or container.
9. I/We understand and acknowledge, that even with the exercise of reasonable care the use of the Crematory’s best efforts, it is not possible to recover all particles of the cremated remains of the Deceased, and that some particles may inadvertently become commingled with particles of other cremated remains in the cremation chamber and/or other devices utilized to process cremated remains.
10. I/We hereby authorize the Crematory to dispose of any such residual particles in any lawful manner it deems appropriate. Unless I/We give specific written instructions in this Authorization, the cremation, processing & disposition of the remains of the Deceased will not be performed in accordance with any religious or ethnic customs.
11. In the event the cremated remains of the Deceased remain unclaimed for a period of 30 days, the Funeral Home shall give written notice to me/us by certified mail at the address(es) indicated below. I/We agree that in the event the cremated remains of the Deceased remains unclaimed, for a period of 120 days after the date such written notification is mailed, the Funeral Home is authorized and directed to dispose of the unclaimed cremated remains of the Deceased in any lawful manner it may deem appropriate.
12. I/We agree to indemnify, release and hold the crematory, Funeral Home, their affiliates, employees and assigns, harmless from, any and all loss, damages, liability or causes of action (including attorneys’ fees and expenses of litigation)in connection with the cremation and disposition of the cremated remains of the Deceased, as authorized herein, or my/our failure to correctly identify the remains of the deceased, disclose the presence of any implanted mechanical or radioactive devices, or take possession of, or make permanent arrangements for, the disposition of such remains.
13. Except as set forth in this Authorization, no warranties, expressed or implied, are made by the Funeral Home, Crematory or any of their respective affiliates, agents or employees.
14. I/We understand that this document does not contain a complete and detailed description of every aspect of the cremation process.